Friday, March 22, 2013

First look at the rolling chassis

I am writing this blog to start documenting my attempt to convert a 1988 Porsche 911 into a battery electric vehicle. Inspired by reading Joey's Blog (on a similar topic ;-) ), I decided it was time to start recording my progress. If for nothing else, at-least it might help me remember.



I bought this project on Ebay as a partial conversion including the Warp 11 motor and Soliton 1 controller.


I was told that the car did run once. It had 15 lead acid batteries, 8 in the rear and 7 in the front. However as purchased it had no usable batteries.


Stay tuned for progress on this project, the restoration, and upgrade to lithium ion cells.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jason. I like your project! The upgrade to lithium is going to be nice. I'll definately be following along to see what you do next. The car looks to be in good shape. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete