Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Re-positioning the motor and transmisstion


The cross brace which supports the transmission has a small interference fit problem with the rear sway bar, so I made my own aluminum bracket to replace the factory one. Note the factory rubber mounts will go underneath the cross bar, in the same manner as they fit in the factory bar, just rotated 90 degrees so that a narrower mount could be used to fit the car. As it turn out, this mount that I fabricated looks quite similar to the one used for the G50 transmission.



Here are the spacers I will use to push the motor forward and back into the correct location, and shim the transmission mount down 3/8 of an inch.



I am finding that I keep re-engineering some of the things that the previous owner had hacked together. At some point I will just have to put the car on the road and drive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment